Contact Information: Nelva Olin, Program Coordinator, by phone at (414) 384-3100, ext. 4709, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
UCC's Adult Day Center provides services designed to meet the needs of those with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer's and other dementia, those with caregiver needs and those with physical impairments. The program is structured and comprehensive providing a variety of health, social, recreational and support services in a protective setting during the daytime hours (Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.).
Our goal at the Adult Day Center is to ensure that all participants truly enjoy each day by offering a variety of opportunities for them to experience at their own pace. In addition, the Adult Day Center strives to provide support for all caregivers.
The daily activities are specially designed to create a "homelike" environment for participants to establish friendships and foster independence and satisfaction. Participants discover previously unrecognized talents and develop new skills through a diverse assortment of activities, which vary daily to allow participants to experience a full and flexible schedule.
All services offered are available in both Español and English. The Adult Day Center is located on the 2nd floor of the United Community Center at 1028 S. 9th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204. Please use the 8th Street Entrance.
Services provided include:
- Transportation - Transportation is provided to and from the Adult Day Center for all interested participants.
- Nutritious meals - Participants enjoy a daily hot meal comprised of varied and multicultural foods. These meals are regulated by a county nutritionist and prepared specially for participants by Café El Sol.
- Bathing and personal care services - Bathing and personal care services such as skin care, personalized bath, laundry service and shaving assistance are provided to all qualified participants. These services are specialized to the needs of each individual and are performed by a trained staff member in a comfortable atmosphere.
- Nursing, therapy and podiatry services - The Adult Day Center offers medication and insulin management, podiatry, help with depression and other health related services.
- Health education - The Adult Day Center provides health education to help participants lead healthy lives. These classes cover a wide range of topics including diabetes, depression, healthy eating and exercise.
- Exercise - Participants participate in a variety of exercises activities such as Zumba, weight training, stretching and much more.
- Individual and group activities - Participants engage in a wide variety of both individual and group activities that promote personal growth and foster social interaction. Activities include memory games, table games (cards, bingo, dominos, etc.), baking and much more.
- Special Events - Participants also enjoy a variety of special events such as holiday celebrations, carnivals, events with community volunteers and intergenerational events with Bruce-Guadalupe students.
- Arts and Crafts - Arts and crafts allow participants to express themselves creatively and discover hidden talents. Participants enjoy crafts such as sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and much more.
- Discussion groups - Discussion groups allow participants to establish communications with each other, create friendships and talk about the news or personal matters.
- Music and dance - Participants enjoy creating music together through singing or playing percussion instruments and watching outside performers. The staff also promotes dancing as an important part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Outings - The staff of the Adult Day Center plans trips to various places in the community that are both educational and fun for participants. Outing possibilities include museums, parks and lakes.
- Participant and caregiver support