A New Dawn
Un Nuevo Amanecer, A New Dawn Program, services are provided to Latino Seniors ages 60 years and older who experience the following symptoms:
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty concentrating
- Increased irritability
- Changes in appetite
- Increased fatigue
Un Nuevo Amanecer uses a collaborative approach between the client's case manager and primary care provider to monitor the patient's progress. Clients have displayed almost a 50% reduction in depression symptoms when compared to other traditional care techniques.
Services in Un Nuevo Amanecer include:
- Patient education about depression
- Problem solving treatment plans
- Engagement of participants in a variety of wellness activities
- Referrals for counseling or therapy as needed
- Relapse prevention
- Support for medication therapy prescribed by Primary Care Physician
A New Dawn Clinic Brings Sunshine: Success Story
Please refer anyone you feel can benefit to the New Dawn Clinic by calling (414) 649-1925.
Program presented in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and the Planning Council.