Volunteer Center Honors Outstanding Volunteers
The Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognized exceptional volunteers and their contributions to the community yesterday at the 30th annual Inspire by Example award celebration.
“Together with the thousands of others who serve in the Milwaukee area, the award winners have a huge, positive impact,” said Bonnie Andrews, Manager of the Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee, a service of the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee, Inc. “These are remarkable stories of people who have made volunteering a big part of their lives.”
The award winners included:
- Youth Award: United Community Center Youth Volunteer Corps
- Business Award: Quarles & Brady LLP: For the Quarles Cares program and the firm’s pro bono legal representation.
- Fran Swigart Board Leadership Award: Thomas Brophy for outstanding board service to a variety of organizations.
- Team Award: The Sexual Assault Treatment Center Volunteer Advocates at Aurora Sinai Medical Center
- Adult Award: Dale Rhyan For coordinating with local restaurants to provide nearly 1,300 individual meals at the Guest House.
- Wile Volunteer Management Award: Becci Terrill for effectively engaging and increasing the number of volunteers at Shepherds Ministries.
“The work of volunteers is so very important to the health of our community,” Andrews said. “These efforts help Milwaukee rank 8th among large cities in the U.S., with 32% of our population volunteering.”