Health Programs & Research
The Health & Research Department coordinates programs that promote the physical and mental well being of UCC participants and their families with a focus on disease prevention, health research, and management of chronic conditions.
Please visit the program links on the left for more in-depth information on our active programs.
Target Areas of Programs:
- Fitness and obesity in Bruce-Guadalupe Community School and the community.
- Diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, Depression, Arthritis and other chronic diseases.
- Conducting research regarding health matters within the Hispanic population
- Seniors and their caregivers are part of our focus/programs
- Establishing and strengthening relationships with the outside organizations.
Past programs include the Bilingual Chronic Care Program and the Milwaukee Food & Fitness Initiative, both of which ended in 2008.
For more information regarding the health programs please contact:
Angélica Delgado Rendón, M.S.
Community Research Supervisor
Magdalisse Gonzalez, B.S.