Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) is an exciting program designed to encourage and empower youth through volunteer service. YVC allows UCC to recruit youth volunteers (8th - 12th grade) to help our youth program staff run the 5-week summer recreation program.
During the academic year, YVC members help tutor elementary school students that participate in the Homework Help and Enrichment programs. Over the summer, volunteers assist group leaders during the Summer Recreation Program while helping to supervise and mentor elementary school student participants.
By participating in the program, youth volunteers will enjoy the benefits of:
- Gaining invaluable experience through community service
- Gaining 20 hours per week in volunteer service hours
- Engaging in a summer full of excitement and recreational activities for teens
- Having the opportunity to build their community service portfolio
- Having the opportunity to participate in various trainings
- Having the opportunity to gain leadership and job skills
Youth Volunteer Corps members receive a Youth Volunteer Corps T-shirt, a chance to build their community service portfolio, access to UCC's Pre-College Program and recognition for their great work!
To learn more about the Youth Volunteer Corps and how you can get involved, contact Tim Balke by email or call 414-384-3100.