Are you ready to join our volunteer team? Volunteers can help out as individuals or in a group.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with UCC! Please follow the steps below and keep in mind with over 1,000 volunteers annually, it may take up to a week to get back to you.
Once we receive all of the requested information, we will work to find a need that matches your availability and request. We will reach out to you with project details and next steps!
If you’ve been told about a potential internship opportunity or are interested in being a field student at the UCC, please click here to fill out an online application.
- Career Day: Friday, March 13th, 2020
- Adult Day Center: on occasion during the day
- Homework Help/Tutoring: Monday–Thursday, 3–5 p.m.
- Reader Leader: Monday–Friday, 8–9:30 a.m.
- Athletic Coaches: ~8 weeks, 3–4 hours per week
- FitForYes Program Mentors: Monday–Thursday, 2:45 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Or, sign up for a one-time special event when available.
STEP 2. Complete the UCC Volunteer Application and Background Check (PDF). Please fill out the forms completely and indicate the type of project you are interested in. UCC's Community Relations Coordinator, Barbara Cerda, will reach out to you after your materials have been processed.
Do you have an idea for a one-time project? Is your group looking to get involved somehow?
Complete the group project form here.
Here are some ideas for projects:
- Holiday arts and crafts projects
- Field trips
- Game tournaments
- Baking/ cooking with clients
- Beautifying a department
- Career presentations for our students
All participants in your volunteer group will need to participate in an orientation at the start of your project that includes a tour of UCC facilities, overview of your group project, and review of UCC's Child Protection Policy. Each volunteer will be required to complete a volunteer waiver in advance of project.
Here's a snapshot of an average day at UCC:
- Volunteers arrive and sign in
- Brief tour and overview of the agency and the Latino Arts, Inc. Gallery
- 2-hour project with clients
We're interested to hear your group's unique skills and talents and how you'd like to share them with us! Please fill out the information in our form to help us best serve your group. Please allow a response time of 7 - 10 days for us to match your request with program needs.
We look forward to meeting you!