Are you ready to join our volunteer team?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with UCC! Please take a look at the information below to get involved!
- No Sew Blankets – We can definitely always use more of these, and kits or make- your-own options are readily available at craft stores and demo videos are readily available on YouTube. We could take as many as you are able to make for our residential clients at our Recovery House.
- School Supplies: We have an Amazon Wish List set up for school supplies, which also includes a high need for masks, both cloth and disposable - https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2XL4JMB60S5PV?ref_=wl_share
- Donated Kits- *sanitation product kits for teachers
*Winter kits with scarves/gloves/etc. for our Human Services Program
*Winter kits for our Elementary School students with scarves/gloves/hats etc.
*New children’s’ books for pre-K
*New School Supplies for pre-K
All of our kit options are available on the United Way website here: United Community Center | Volunteers United (unitedwaygmwc.org)
One Time/In-Person small group volunteering:
We request that all in-person volunteers wear a mask and we are strongly encouraging our volunteers to be vaccinated.
- Adult Day Center Craft Projects:
- Small groups of people (3-5) create a simple craft and come prepared with supplies and a process in place to work with small groups of elderly on a fun craft project.
- Monday through Friday from 9:30-11:15.
- Adult Day Center Spa Day
- Small groups of volunteers (3-5) can treat our clients at the Adult Day Center to a little pampering by doing their nails. We would request that volunteers bring supplies.
- Monday through Friday from 9:30-11:15.
On-Going Volunteer Needs for Individual Volunteers:
We request that all in-person volunteers wear a mask and we are strongly encouraging our volunteers to be vaccinated. All on-going volunteers must complete full application and background check process.
- Coaches: UCC Athletics is looking for after school coaches for our elementary and middle school students.
- Immediate need for Soccer and Flag Football
- Twice weekly commitment for 7 weeks, 4-6 p.m.
- Technology Tutors for Elderly: Our Senior Center is looking for eager technology tutors to work with our clients on how to use the computer (Word, Excel) and internet, and smart phones.
- Monday-Friday, 9-11 AM.
- Some Spanish language skills required.
- Adult Day Center Program Assistants: Assist in a variety of areas for Adult Day Center elderly clients:
- Drop Off Assistants: 8:30-10 a.m. Mon- Friday. Assist with client drop off and welcome
- Lunch Assistants: 11-1 – Mon- Friday. Assist with lunch duties and reception coverage
- Pre-College program Afterschool Tutoring and Mentoring:
- Our after-school sessions take place Monday-Friday from 3-7.
- Variable times and days are available but we are looking for a regular commitment.
- Elementary School Afterschool Homework Help and Tutoring:
- Monday-Friday, 3-5 PM.
- We are looking for volunteers to commit 2-3 hours a week if possible.
- Tutors need to be able to read and write in English, and need a high school diploma, be role models and able to assist students in grades 1-5.
To sign up for or get more information on any of these opportunities please contact Melanie Manuel, UCC's Volunteer and Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! "Building a Love of Reading" Book Drives
- UCC Schools aim to encourage a love of reading and literacy among students of all ages. To do this, we need ample books available for children's home libraries as well as our classroom libraries. You can help by donating gently used books for ages 3-14.
- Due to COVID and staffing challenges, we would ask that all books be in good condition and be divided by age levels. Early Education (ages 2-5) Early Elementary (ages 6-8), Elementary (ages 8-11) Middle School (ages 12-14).
- Most books indicate what grades or ages they can be used for, or this information could be accessible via Amazon.
Please email email@example.com to coordinate a book drive and schedule a drop-off. Thank you!