Are you ready to join our volunteer team? Volunteers can help out as individuals or in a group. Carefully follow the instructions below.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with UCC! Please keep in mind with over 1,000 volunteers annually, it may take up to a week to get back to you. Help us to make the process as easy as possible by completing all the steps mentioned below and volunteering in the areas we need it most!
Once we receive all of the requested information we will work to find a need that matches your availability and request. We will reach out to you with project details and next steps!
If you’ve been told about a potential internship opportunity or are interested in being a field student at the UCC, please click here to fill out an online application.
- Adult Day Center: on occasion during the day
- Homework Help/Tutoring: Monday–Thursday, 3–5 p.m.
- Reader Leader: Monday–Friday, 8–9:30 a.m.
- Athletic Coaches: ~8 weeks, 3–4 hours per week
- FitForYes Program Mentors: Monday–Thursday, 2:45 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Or, sign up for a one-time special event when available. (Indicate interest area on application.)
STEP 2. Complete the UCC Volunteer Application and Background Check (PDF). Please fill out this information completely (application, volunteer/agency agreement, and two background check forms), indicate the type of project you are interested in. This form will be submitted to UCC's Community Relations Coordinator, Barbara Cerda. She will reach out to you after your materials have been processed.
STEP 3. Watch the mandatory orientation video and do the quiz.
STEP 1. Complete the group project form here.
STEP 2. Sign up for ongoing volunteer needs using the group project form. (Indicate interest area on form.)
- ** Currently UCC has many group project opportunities posted on the United Way Season of Caring web portal. Please sign up for our opportunities directly on this site. **
- Homework Help/Enrichment Hour: Monday–Thursday, 3–5 p.m.
Or sign up for a one time special event when available. (Indicate interest on application.)
STEP 3. All participants in your volunteer group will need to participate in an orientation at the start of your project that includes a tour of UCC facilities, overview of your group project, and review of UCC's Child Protection Policy. Each volunteer will be required to complete a volunteer waiver in advance of project.
Additional Group Project Information
Here's a snapshot of an average day at UCC:
- Volunteers arrive and sign in
- Brief tour and overview of the agency and the Latino Arts Gallery
- 2-hour project with clients
Past projects include:
- Holiday arts and crafts projects
- Field trips
- Game tournaments
- Baking/ cooking with clients
- Beautifying a department
- Career presentations for our students
We're interested to hear your group's unique skills and talents and how you'd like to share them with us! Please fill out the information in our form to help us best serve your group. Please allow a response time of 7 - 10 days for us to match your request with program needs.